Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Jingle All the Way


This is the first year that the twins really got into the whole spirit of Christmas. And when I say spirit of Christmas, I mean it in the watch-commercials-and-ask-for-everything-how-many-days-until-Santa-gets-here sort of way, not the the-best-gift-is-the-gift-of-giving sort of way. But then I suppose this is more than partly my fault. Back in early September when I start Christmas shopping Eleanor saw a green garbage truck at Costco.

She wanted that silly thing more than anything in the world, but I told her Santa would be coming in just a couple months and she would have to ask him for it. Then Adam started combing through every toy catalog we received in the mail (and those of you with little kids know how crazy an accomplishment that is) and pinpointed the Imaginext castle as the most fabulous thing in the world.

I once again told him that Santa would be coming soon and that if continued to be such a good boy, perhaps he would bring it. Well, that's all I needed to say and it was Christmas carols with jingle bell accompaniment, Christmas cookies, Christmas TV specials, and Christmas lists for the next several weeks.
They sat on Santa's lap, wore Santa hats around the house, the whole nine yards. Adam had a Christmas party at his school in the evening complete with a man playing accordion in the gym, face painting, and Santa giving away books to every kid. Well, Santa must have been watching Adam closely because he gave his the Icky Bug Counting Book. That poor book looks like it's seen 6 or 7 Christmases he loves it so much.

And Eleanor and I took a mommy/daughter trip to Bronner's where she picked out a beautiful disco ball ornament for herself. And of course, we had to dress Ethan up in silly Santa outfits and take pictures he will not be happy with in about 10 years.

Doesn't it sound like I just had a blast this Christmas? I really did--there's nothing like little ones running around the house screaming Jingle Bells busting at the seams in anticipation for Santa to get you in the Christmas spirit. I can't wait to do it all again next year.

2 comments:

Liz said...

She looks more like you every day, and little Ethan just keeps getting cuter! Merry Christmas!!

joy smith said...

Hello,
this is the first time I have been on your blog.
I have a little girl that was born ealry too.
I enjoyed reading about yours. Keep on bloging.:)